8.21.2010

Cranky Days

Kylee is getting 4 new teeth, one after the other, so the poor girl hasn't really felt like her happy self lately. I'm trying to remind myself that these cranky, clingy, short nap days won't last forever. Don't worry...even though she is fussy, she is still getting cuter by the day. And I can say that, because I had nothing to do with how cute she is! :) 

Linc sent me this picture while I was at Hobby Lobby the other day, with the caption "I really don't think she is going to sleep today!" Linc put Kylee down for a nap at my parents' house & apparently her Pack 'n Play was a little too close to her Aunt Megan's dresser. Kylee managed to pull ALL of this stuff into her Pack 'n Play while she was still inside of it. Scissors and all.

The boys took Kylee to run errands with them after that little episode & it didn't take long for her to fall asleep. She likes to sleep in style with her bright orange necklace, which she also discovered in Aunt Megan's room.

Lincoln has been taking MCAT practice tests & working on his application every chance he can get, so we haven't seen much of him lately. Tonight Lincoln, Kylee & I took a trip to the mall to spend time together. After I had a little cranky episode & decided to look at baby clothes by myself (I tried to switch from my hormone patch to the pill, because it is $40 cheaper each month...let's just say it was NOT successful!) I rejoined the family & we went to the pet store. Kylee either cries or gets super excited when we go in there...this time she liked it. :)

After about an hour she wanted to go home. So I hid in the corner of Sports Authority & fed her snacks until Daddy was done with his shopping.

Let's hope that in the near future our home will be filled with a non-teething baby & a non-hormonal wife! I'm sure Lincoln would appreciate it. :)

P.S. For the past few months, I've been having prayer with Kylee every night before she goes to bed. Well, tonight I started praying & she started screaming, because she knew she was going to have to go to bed! I hope she doesn't do that every time she hears someone pray now! :)

2 comments:

John and Anna said...

We used to sing the same song to Adam every night before bed, until he started having the same reaction--he would cry when we sang it, because it meant he had to go to sleep. NOT what we were going for. Don't worry, she will get over that! Good for you to start so early. That will be a blessing for her.

The Talley Family said...

That's so funny with the dresser. Sydney would totally do the same thing.

Blog Archive