4.10.2011

Wives Club Easter Party

We have a Wives Club here that gets together often for lunches & activities. Most of the girls in the club are wives of medical students, but there are a few others whose husbands are dental students or in their masters program at UAG. Yesterday we went to a family Easter party that the Wives Club organized. It was SO much fun. The family who hosted the party live up on a mountain about 20 minutes away from us. The scenery was pretty different from what we are used to seeing here. We loved getting away to another part of town, meeting new people, & spending time with friends.

The decorations were so cute!


Kylee got her own bunny ears to wear...
Kylee has always been afraid of bounce houses, but she actually got in it & jumped this time. I'm sure a lot of the reason was that Daddy got in with her & made it seem like a lot of fun...
I LOVE seeing these two together. I'm telling you, they have a bond that not many people have. I noticed it the day we met Kylee for the first time. I'm pretty sure that these two will always be really close...
Playing with Kirtlyn...
I love celebrating holidays with a kid. It makes it even more fun!
Kylee hanging out with Linc & his friends...
After we ate the yummy food & treats that everyone brought, it was pinata time! Here in Mexico, they sing this really cute pinata song (in Spanish of course) while each kid takes their turn hitting the pinata. I want to learn it so that I can sing along next time! After all of the kids got to hit the first pinata (except Kylee, who just wanted to watch), a few of the adults took a turn whacking the second one. They had to spin around 5 times with their eyes closed & got two hits. Here's Linc mid-spin...
To finish off the party, they had an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Kylee wasn't sure what to do at first, but quickly caught on. They don't have plastic Easter eggs or Easter baskets here in Mexico, so we had to improvise. Kylee found lots of suckers & candy on the grass, as well as some hard boiled eggs. She was obsessed with finding the eggs...
Putting candy in her bag...
I was so grateful to be able to attend this party, since one of the things I will miss most this year is our huge Allen Family Easter Party. It was nice to celebrate with friends, so that I don't feel like I am totally missing out on all of the Easter celebrations back home. HAPPY early EASTER everyone!!!

Blog Archive