7.08.2011

We're Home

After a month away from home, we are back. Being away made me realize even more that I do consider Zapopan, Mexico my home now. We had SO much fun with our families & friends while we were in the U.S. We enjoyed air conditioning, homemade treats, the open land in Snowflake, comfy couches & carpet, cousins for Kylee to play with, great talks with siblings, and so many more things. There's something about being around our parents again that makes me feel very taken care of. Overall, it was a fabulous trip.
Our trip back to Mexico took 3 days. It was uneventful, which is a good thing. I couldn't believe how excited I was when I crossed the border back into Mexico. I don't think I have ever missed a place so much in my life. Isn't that incredibly strange? I knew I really liked living here, but I was shocked by the joy I felt just being back. The food tastes even better than I remember it being. It was so great to see our friendly Mexican neighbors when we pulled into the driveway, who greeted us with smiles & kisses on the cheek. It was fun seeing how the beginning of the rainy season here has affected the parks & our neighborhood since we've been gone...everything is so green! 

I'm so thankful for the incredible opportunity that I have to be here in Mexico. It has been an adventure & will continue to be, I'm sure! I'm thankful that Heavenly Father knows what I need in my life. I'm also very grateful to have such wonderful families, who show us such an incredible amount of support and love. They mean everything to us.

I'm ready to experience more of Mexico & can't wait to see what this next semester brings us!
 

2 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I'm sad we didn't get to hang out while you were here - but I am so HAPPY that you're happy in Mexico !

The Crider Clan said...

I only got to see you for a minute or two at the reunion, but I was glad I got to give you a hug! You guys are so awesome! Love ya!

Melissa

Blog Archive