Since I've lived in Mexico, I've found myself breathing a huge sigh of relief (on a semi-regular basis), after accomplishing something way out of my comfort zone. There have been things here that I've been asked to do that I was very afraid to try. I've set goals for myself that can feel uncomfortable and nerve-racking when I'm trying to achieve them. I should probably have more faith in myself, but I'm perfectly aware of what I know & don't know in regards to certain things (like my Spanish) & it's hard to see how I can push past my insecurities & limitations & become who & what I want to be! Yet when I pray for the Lord's help, he ends up pulling me through. I sure am thankful for His help and love and understanding, because without that I wouldn't be capable of doing anything that I'm doing!
Tonight I was in charge of my first activity as the Faith In God leader. I taught the kids how to play kickball & how to make "ants on a log". :) They seemed to like it. I just had such a hard time when a child would ask me a question & I wasn't understanding what they were asking or didn't at all know how to answer them. Luckily a few leaders were able to translate for me, but it was still a hard position to be in. But I did it, and I left smiling and feeling grateful for my calling.
Next weekend is my first piano recital. I am terrified. I am so afraid that I will get up there & my mind will go blank & I won't know how to play any part of the song I've put so much work into. Yes, I realize I shouldn't be so scared. But I am. So once again, I will trust in the Lord & remember that He sees my efforts and that He will bless me accordingly.
This post was pretty much for myself. I hope I always remember that just trying can be the hardest part, but that it's something I'll never regret. I also want to remember that the Lord is perfectly capable of turning my weaknesses into strengths & that I need to let Him show me that. I need to keep trying new things & with each sigh of relief I breathe, remember that I am growing as a person & that I am accomplishing worthy goals!


3 comments:
Well I for one am proud of you. I need to know the time for your recital so I can come. And whenever you want to speak in Spanish with me I am down with that too.
PLEASE have Lincoln record your recital! I want to hear you play! What song are you playing? You will do awesome :)
The sighs of relief will just keep getting better and better, and you will begin to see exactly what the Lord could see you would be able to do all along. You are doing the right thing, just keep putting your faith in the Lord. He can guide us through! Great job AnJane!
Post a Comment